How to recover a memory card password
So you forgot your memory card password? First, don’t panic. Then follow the instructions below.
Requirement: You need a file explorer like FExplorer which you can download from here.
How to Unlock MMC card:
- Insert card into your phone but don’t access it through phone.
- Run FExplorer and make sure you are able to see hidden files
- Depending on the Symbian model you have, open the MMC patch Ex.: “C:system” or “C:sysdata”
- You will find a file called mmcstore ,rename the file mmcstore.txt
- Copy that file(mmcstore.txt) to your pc and open that file in notepad.
- You will find your password in that file.
If you don’t see the password, you might have to read the file by using an Hex Viewer. In this case, you will have to look for numbers between the “?” character for assembling your password.
Applicable to all nokia phones which are s60 2nd or s60 3rd edition series phones.check out here.